Speed-E-Card Review - Prepayment Prepaid Debit Card
What Prepaid Card Summary Review?
Date Reviewed: March 2011
The speed-e-card is the same convenience as a debit card with a limit - you can only spend up to the balance in your speed-e-card account. As the prepaid card is backed by Speed-e-loans.com which provides short term loans until pay day. Speed-e-loans are fast and efficient and completely on line. If Speed-e-loans approve you, the money can be in your bank in two hour. Speed-e-loans have been around since 1999.
What's not so good?
Although a monthly fee is charged there is also an additional charge per transaction which can work out every expensive to run.
Speed-E-Card Application Process - 5 star prepaid rating.
Very efficient application process. Apply online and you will receive a confirmation letter the following day. This letter contains a bar code enabling you to make an initial top-up at the Paypoint. You then receive your prepaid MasterCard in around 7 days.
Speed-E-Card Design - 2 star prepaid rating.
New speed-e-card choice of cards, choose either black or a white prepaid card.
Speed-E-Card Fees - 4 star prepaid rating.
There are some usage fees attached to the card. speed-e-card charges are transparent with no hidden costs. Tariff of charges for speed-e-card prepaid MasterCard.
New speed-e-card (black or white card) - Purchase fee. £7.95
Limits - Minimum amount of initial load. £10.00 - Maximum initial load. £3,000 and Verified cardholders maximum card balance is £3,000.
- Each speed-e-card comes with a free e-money account.
- You can load your salary and manage bills on line.
- Each cardholder has their own login and can view and print statements FREE
- The current maximum balance on a speed-e-card prepaid MasterCard is £3,000
- If you want to have a second card on the account, you can apply for one when you make your application, or add a second card through your account portal at a later date **
- plus 3% of transaction value ** £9.95 fee
Self Servicing - 3 star prepaid rating
You can service your account on the speed-e-card website or via an interactive voice response. You can view your balance, last 60 days transactions and change your personal details.