Tuxedo Travel Card - Currency MasterCard Prepaid Card
Tuxedo Travel Money Card Review
Tuxedo Money Solutions were named Best Prepaid Card Provider at the prestigious 2011 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards following a survey conducted with over 1.4 million consumers and also received the award for
The Leading Prepaid Organisation in Europe at the European Prepaid Awards in October 2010.
Tuxedo Travel Pre-Paid cards are a great way to manage your money. Whether you're using the card as a holiday budgeting tool or as an easy way to share money in the UK or abroad with friends and family, the Tuxedo Travel Pre-Paid card meets your needs.
The Tuxedo Travel Pre-Paid card provides the easy-to-use eccount. This allows you to manage your money wherever you are, worldwide. By adding a FREE companion cards to the eccount you can easily share money with friends and family in the UK and abroad (not India) by giving them the companion card and also make online purchases. Please note that a companion card can be held in the primary cardholder's name or their nominated family member or friend. Companion cardholders must be 13 years old or above.
Each eccount can hold a maximum of 6 cards – 1 primary and 1 companion card in each of the following currencies:
The companion card is a brilliant feature of the Tuxedo Travel money card. Imagine you are on holiday and your primary card is lost or stolen. If you had taken your companion card and kept it in the hotel safe, you can arrange an instant transfer of funds from your primary card to the companion card and block your primary card. It is secure and convenient and avoids you being left without access to cash whilst abroad.
Tuxedo Travel money cards offers a variety of ways to manage your account ensuring you stay in full control of your money. You can manage the account by text, online and by telephone.
- Have a primary card and add a companion card available through eccount.
- Allocate and move funds on and off cards instantly
- Load money onto your cards in a variety of ways e.g. bank transfer, PayPoint, Post Office, credit/debit card (please note that some methods incur a fee)
- Block (and unblock) cards immediately by text providing a quick method to secure your funds in the event of card loss or theft
- 24 hour automated telephone service
- Receive instant balance updates
- Make secure purchases with chip and PIN
- There's no credit check and no bank account required.
- You are a permanent resident/citizen of the UK
Card is FREE when you preload £10 to get your card
- Please note that until payment is made your Tuxedo account will not be opened.
- These points are simply a guide to the minimum acceptance criteria for the Tuxedo. Please ensure you read their terms and conditions and see a full list of charges.
- The decision to accept will only be made by Tuxedo after they have taken your details, confirmed your ID and received payment.
Top Up Information
Tuxedo Travel Money Card
When topping up your prepaid travel money card you may be charged a small fee, depending on the method, however most cards offer at least one free reload option.
Top up fees are FREE OF CHARGE using the folllowing top up providers or methods:
|Free Top Up Charges||Charges||Timescales|
|Debit Card||Free||3 - 5 business days|
|Wages||Free||1 business day|
|Standing Orders||Free||3 - 5 business days|
|Bank Transfer||Free||Approx. 15 minutes|
|Paypoint||3%||Within 30 minutes|
|Post office||£0.99||1 - 2 Business days|
Card Load Limits
|Maximum Card Limit:|
£1,650 limit card to £5,000 limit card
|Maximum Load Amount:|
£1,650 - €2,063 - $2,475
|Minimum Load Amount:|
£10 - €13 - $20
|Maximum ATM Withdrawl:|
£250 - €312 - $375
Tuxedo Travel Card
Most travel money cards have usage charges but the charges vary depending on what card you have selected. In some cases there are no charges at all, but they can apply from transactions to ATM withdrawals.
Here is a list of usage charges for the above mentioned card.
|Card Issue Fee:|
£19.95 with £10 automatically loaded to the card
2.95% (min £0.50 max £1.50) in UK and free with euro & dollar cards
Free when used in a different currency
|Monthly Service Fee:||Free|
|ATM Charge in UK Zone:|
£1.50 - €1.50 - $2.00
|ATM Charge Elsewhere:|
£1.50 - €1.50 - $2.00
|Cancellation / Redemption:|
|Replacement Card Fees:|
|By SMS / Text Message:|
No extra charge
|By Phone:||No extra charge|
|Via the Internet:||Free|
How to Apply
Tuxedo Travel Card Review
You have chosen to apply for a Tuxedo Travel Money Card, please ensure you meet the following points as this will make your application more likely to be approved.
Please ensure that:
How to Pay?
Pay now - The fastest and easiest way to pay is by debit card or credit card. Make a simple one off payment whilst signing up. Confirmed highly secure website, with card and personal details protected.