General disclaimer notice
What Prepaid Cards makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website but will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, or inconvenience arising in any way whatsoever from the use of this website. If you think that there are any errors or out of date information please notify us, explaining which page contains the error.
What Prepaid Cards provides links to external websites. Listing of sites and links to them should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We do not accept responsibility for the contents or reliability of the linked web sites nor do we accept any liability for their accuracy or content. If you come across any external links that do not work, please let us know.
Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 news content exemption
What Prepaid Cards is not authorised to give advice under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. News content exemption from relevant sections (53 and 54) in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 with regard to the provsion of news content on websites:
Advising on What Prepaid Cards
53. Advising a person is a specified kind of activity if the advice is -
(a) given to the person in his capacity as an investor or potential investor, or in his capacity as agent for an investor or a potential investor; and
(b) advice on the merits of his doing any of the following (whether as principal or agent) -
(i) buying, selling, subscribing for or underwriting a particular product which is a security or a contractually based investment, or
(ii) exercising any right conferred by such an investment to buy, sell, subscribe for or underwrite such an investment.
Advice given in newspapers etc
(1) There is excluded from article 53 the giving of advice in writing or other legible form if the advice is contained in a newspaper, journal, magazine, or other periodical publication, or is given by way of a service comprising regularly updated news or information, if the principal purpose of the publication or service, taken as a whole and including any advertisements or other promotional material contained in it, is neither -
(a) that of giving advice of a kind mentioned in article 53; nor
(b) that of leading or enabling persons to buy, sell, subscribe for or underwrite securities or contractually based investments.
(2) There is also excluded from article 53 the giving of advice in any service consisting of the broadcast or transmission of television or radio programmes, if the principal purpose of the service, taken as a whole and including any advertisements or other promotional material contained in it, is neither of those mentioned in paragraph (1)(a) and (b).
(3) The Authority may, on the application of the proprietor of any such publication or service as is mentioned in paragraph (1) or (2), certify that it is of the nature described in that paragraph, and may revoke any such certificate if it considers that it is no longer justified.
(4) A certificate given under paragraph (3) and not revoked is conclusive evidence of the matters certified.